The User Preferences screen is opened by selecting Edit -> Preferences.
The following options are available under the General tab:
- Remember main window position on exit - when checked, DarGUI's main window will reopen in
the same position as it was when the program last closed.
- Remember main window size on exit - when checked, DarGUI's main window will reopen with the same
width and height as when the program last closed.
- Show toolbar - when checked, the buttonbar will be visible.
- Remember last [ n ] archives opened - enables the user to set the number of archives
that are remembered by the File -> Open Recent menu.
- Dar executable - enables the user to provide the location of a custom or alternative version of
the Dar executable.
- Use human readable filesizes
- when this option is selected the size of files in an archive will be
described in kb, Mb and Gb. If not selected then all filesizes will
described in bytes.
- Use Dar archive database
- create a database in which the contents of Dar archives can be stored, making it easier to
find different versions of the same file, or locate a file among multiple differential backups.
For further information about the database see the dar_manager manual.
The following options are available under the Archive creation tab:
- Default archive creation settings - enables the user to set a saved settings file which defines default creation
settings for creating archives.
- Store base directory path in comment - if selected, the location of the base directory will be stored in the user-comment field of the archive. NOTE: this option is only available when using dar version 2.4.0 or greater.
- Ignore tagged cache directories - when selected, dar will not save the contents of directories that use the Cache Directory Tagging Standard. See http://www.brynosaurus.com/cachedir/spec.html for details. NOTE: this option is only available when using dar version 2.4.1 or greater.
- Delete temporary files on exit
- if selected, all temporary files created by DarGUI will be deleted when the program exits.
The following options are available under the Terminal tab:
- Text color - selects the color of text in the Terminal window.
- Background color - selects the background color of the Terminal window
- Font size - enables the user to set the size of the text in the Terminal window which displays the results of dar commands (Linux only)