Open an archive. The files and directories in the root directory of
the archive will be listed. Clicking on the "+" to the left of a
directory will show that directory's contents, while clicking on a "-"
will hide the contents.
The archive browser displays the following information about each item in the archive in a series of columns across the display:
- Filename: the filename of the item. This may be a directory, a regular file, named pipe, character device, and so on.
- Date: the last modification date of the file.
- Size: the size of the file in bytes.
- User ID: tries to show the owner's name, but will fall back on the user ID number.
- Group ID: tries to show the group's name, but will fall back on the group ID number.
- Status: status of the file in the archive. This
indicates whether the file is in the archive ( 'SAVED' ), is in a
reference archive ( 'InRef' ) which means this archive is an isolated
catalog, or is not in the archive ( blank entry ), which means that the archive
is a differential one, and there was no change in the file since the
- Compression: If the file has been compressed the compression ratio
will be shown here.